Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time to look at something new...

I was watching TV the other day when a commercial completely halted the work that I was trying to get done. First off, Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince of Bell-Air was the “star” of the commercial, and that makes everything better. Secondly, the commercial seemed like something that could have been used to advertise for the program we are a part of. Education needs to catch up the technology and teachers need to be able to adjust to using the technology in the learning process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50YBu14j3U


On a completely separate note, after spending more time blog hopping I came across 2¢ Worth, which caught my eye if only for the title, and then drew me in for a post on matrix codes. It’s the math geek in me that looks at stuff like this and gets interested for the math reference. From what I read in the article matrix codes are 2-D scan codes, similar to but more complex than a bar code. The author of the article commented on the current uses of the matrix codes, but was unsure how to use the codes educationally. I’m not sure if I would be any better at finding educational uses for the matrix codes, but it was interesting to see what might be coming down the technology pipeline.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, I thought the commercial was pretty inspirational...Also, are you going to get the orange t-shirt with the matrix code? Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the commercial too. Also, here is an article that I thought you might be interested in because of the laptops being issued at your school.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/19/laptop.suit/index.html

    ReplyDelete