Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Online learning resources...

One of the great things about meeting each day with one of the math teams is that we can discuss things that are coming up and how we are going to tackle them. One of the major issues for my school right now is the impending laptop rollout. We were discussing how we were each planning on integrating the laptops and technology into our classes. Most of us are stumped because while all of the freshmen will have their laptops, most of us do not have freshmen only classes. So how does one use a 1:1 laptop rollout when over half of the class does not have laptops? (I am looking for suggestion, if you happen to have any…)

One of my colleagues shared a website that gives tips on how to use technology in the classroom. The website seems like it might have been originally designed for long distance college courses. But it goes through and list out ways to use technology that appeal to the different learning styles students have. Even though all of my students don’t have laptops, I’m very interested in seeing how I could use different technologies to reach my students in each learning style.

And in a completely separate note one of my colleagues shared a website where a math professor from Cornell University is going back and trying to give math lessons for adults. It’s an interesting article and I’m looking forward to reading the follow up math lessons to see if there are ways of explaining concepts that would be helpful for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment