Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Technology PLC

So as I was looking for a resource for this week’s readings I stumbled onto a Laptop Learning Community in Ning. It’s an online learning community that seems to support teachers who are currently teaching in a laptop environment or teachers who are interested in finding more information about laptop learning. Being a teacher that will soon be working in a 1:1 laptop I am very interested in seeing how other teachers are able to handle the situation. I would like to be able to look at what other people are doing and even have the possibility of staring a conversation on the site for specific things I would like to look at.

Through the site I found an article about how one school district was able to do a successful laptop rollout. I appreciate that much of what the author of the article said in terms of the laptops being a tool and not the focus of the classroom. I believe that I will be able to gain a lot of insight from this laptop learning community and I hope that my school is eventually as successful with the laptops as this school district seems to be.

1 comment:

  1. Ning is one of the online community technologies that we will be exploring further in our upcoming f2f class session and definitely could be incorporated into fostering a learning community. Thanks for sharing! ~ Dr. J

    ReplyDelete